Kate Kirkham, MSAOM, LAc
Grounded in a 3,000 year old tradition of Chinese medicine, my four-year training in Acupuncture, Massage, and Nutritional Counseling give me powerful tools to optimize health. Recognizing and diagnosing illness and disease and treating these imbalances with Chinese Medicine encourages the body’s own healing power to gently and effectively bring your body back to a state of health and grace. Throughout the world, Chinese Medicine continues to grow in popularity as it is a gentle and effective way to treat a wide variety of illnesses. Increasingly, insurance companies are recognizing the safety and efficacy of Chinese Medicine and providing coverage for these services. Currently, the World Health Organization recognizes acupuncture as not only a safe but as a clinically proven treatment for:
- Allergic rhinitis (including hay fever)
- Depression (including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke)
- Dysentery, acute bacillary
- Dysmenorrhoea, primary
- Epigastralgia, acute (in peptic ulcer, acute and chronic gastritis, and gastrospasm)
- Facial pain (including craniomandibular disorders)
- Hypertension, essential
- Adverse reactions to radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy
- Induction of labor
- Knee pain
- Low back pain
- Malposition of fetus, correction of
- Morning sickness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Neck pain
- Pain in dentistry (including dental pain and temporomandibular dysfunction)
- Arthritis of shoulder
- Postoperative pain
- Renal colic
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Tennis elbow
Many other conditions respond extremely well to Chinese Medicine. Give me a call today to discuss your health concerns. I’ll work with you to bring you to optimal health!
For acupuncture services, I charge $85 for initial intake and $75 for return visits.
Increasingly, many insurance providers are extending coverage to acupuncture and other forms of natural medicine. I will happily speak with your insurance provider to see if your plan covers acupuncture. Right now I am on several insurance panels, including Providence Health Plans, PacificSource and Lifewise.
To reach Kate Kirkham for acupuncture and bodywork, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 503-255-7254.